One issue you may be having is that your Tesla seat button is broken. But what do you do about this problem? How do you fix a broken seat button on your Tesla?
There is limited information on this issue, there is even less information on how you can fix this on your own. In this guide, I will be going over why your Teslas seat button is broken and what you can do to repair this issue.
Why is Tesla Seat Button Broken?
When the button on your Tesla seat is broken there are a few things that could be the reason behind this. This is all depending on what is damaged and if it is a single button or the seat control panel. It could even be a faulty power seat.
Since there is limited information on this problem this is what I could find based on other people’s experiences. The best thing you can do to solve this issue is schedule an appointment with the Tesla Service Center, not only can the professionals diagnose the issue but also repair your seat.
1. The Seat Adjuster Knob Broke Off
If your Teslas seat button is broken, 3.5 the most common reason is the seat adjuster “knob” was damaged and broke off. This can lead to you not being able to adjust your seat in your Tesla.
The adjuster “knob” could have broken off for a few reasons, back wear and tear, pushed wrong too much force, or a manufacturer error. It being a manufacturing error is rare but not impossible.
Fix – Schedule an Appointment With Tesla Service Center For Repair
- In the case of your Tesla seat button being broken there is not much you can do by yourself. This is a job that is best left for the professionals to handle. Especially if the seat adjuster “knob” is what broke off. If you try to fix this yourself this could lead to further damage to the seat control panel. Schedule an appointment to get the seat button repaired.
- The cost for this fix will vary depending on where you live. If you live in a remote area you may have to go to a second-party repair shop, if that is the case make sure that the shop you are going to knows how to work on the interior of a Tesla. If you live in a city there could be Tesla Service Centers all around you just have to choose the meanest one. You could also schedule a mobile service appointment they way you do not have to leave the comfort of your home.
2. Seat Adjuster Got Damaged
Maybe the seat button on your Tesla is not broken off but it is still not working, what could have happened to it? It is possible that it could have been damaged, either by overuse, an error with the mechanics, or even water damage.
These all could be possible reasons behind why your Tesla seat button is broken. When this happens this prevents you for being able to adjust your seat. This can be annoying especially if you share your Teala with your partner.
Fix – Check For Damage/Get Seat Repaired
- When you have a broken seat button on your Tesla as previously mentioned there is not much you can do. It’s not like you can take the seat apart and see what is causing this issue. What you can do is see if there is any visible damage on the seat button or around the control panel. It could be anything from water damage or physical damage. Any marks or scraps? Any broken-off pieces?
- If you notice any damage, contact the Tesla service center to schedule an appointment to get your seat looked at and repaired by a professional. There could be a chance of doing more damage to your seat button if you attempt to fix this issue yourself.
3. Broken Seat Control Panel
Another thing to consider is that the seat control panel is what could be broken. There could be an issue with the exterior of the seat control panel being damaged or it could also be an error in the seat control panel system.
Both of these could be the reason why your Tesla seat button is broken. If you have recently purchased your Tesla and you notice that the seat button is not working and it is due to a faulty seat control panel this could be covered under your warranty.
Fix – Check Warranty/Get Seat Control Panel Replaced
- As stated above if you have recently purchased your Tesla and you noticed an issue with the seat control tool panel this could be covered under your warranty since this is more likely a manufacturer error. This can happen from time to time, when you notice the issue contact the Tesla customer service right away. Keep in mind this is also something an issue to look for in future vehicle purchases. If this is a manufacturer error and is covered by your warranty the repair should cost nothing on your part.
- If your Tesla’s seat control panel is damaged from basic wear and tear or damaged from the elements. This is a repair that will cost you some money. Since this is an issue that is advised to leave for the professionals the best thing you can do is schedule a repair appointment at your nearest Tesla Service Center.
4. Broken Seat Slider Switch
If the button that is broken is the seat slider switch this could either be the switch itself or of could be an error with the seat interior motor that moves the seat. In both cases, this is another issue you should let the professionals handle. If the slider switch is broken there is no other way you can move your seat.
Fix – Contact Tesla Service Center
- If the slider switch on your Tesla seat is broken, gluing it back together is not going to work. What may work is taking your Tesla to a professional to repair the slider switch for you. If you live in an area that does not have a Tesla Service center you may have to go to a different auto repair shop. As stated above, make sure the person you go to knows how to repair the seats in your Tesla.
- The issue could be the motor on the Teslas seat that is broken. Schedule an appointment with your nearest Tesla Service Center to get a second opinion and see what they can do to fix this issue.
5. Faulty Power Seat
There could be a chance that the power seat in your Tesla is faulty. If there is a broken seat button check to see if there are any other buttons on your Tesla that are not working. If it is just that one button then the issue will lie there.
However, if all the buttons on your Teslas seat do not work this could be a faulty power seat. If you have recently purchased your Tesla and noticed none of the features on your seat are working this could be a manufacturer error and therefore covered by your warranty.
Fix – Schedule Appointment With Tesla Service Center
- Check your warranty, on any issues you are having with your Tesla especially if you think you have a faulty power seat and you just purchased your Tesla. If this issue is a manufacturer error your warranty will cover it with no cost to you.
- If you have had your Tesla for some time and you think you have a faulty seat. Schedule an appointment with your nearest Tesla Service Center, they will troubleshoot the issue for you to see where this issue lies. The mechanic will also advise you on your next steps for repairs. If you try to solve this on your own you may do more damage to your Tesla and cost you more money on repairs overall.
My Final Thoughts
In conclusion, if the seat button on your Tesla is broken it is not much if not anything you can do to fix this on your own.
It is not like you can tape the button back together if it broke off. As I stated throughout this guide there is a high chance that you could do more damage to your seat if you attempt to fix this on your own. Let the professional handle this issue, they are the experts after all.
The professionals can look over your power seat and diagnose the issue. The cost of these repairs may vary based on where you live and what this issue is with your Teslas seat.
If you live in a remote area you may have to go to a local auto repair shop, if this is the case always make sure who you go to knows how to work on a Tesla seat. Teslas are different from other vehicles and should be repaired by an expert.